My 24 Day Challenge is complete and I am feeling proud of myself! I lost 24 pounds in 24 days!!! I have NEVER had that kind of success on any diet plan I have tried throughout my life....and there have been many! I think the key here has been my frame of mind and my understanding of the fact that it isn't a DIET but rather a lifestyle change. I went into this knowing that this was simply my kick start!
So now it is time for 25+! What will be different? NOT MUCH!!! I intend to continue to make healthy choices when eating and maintaining appropriate portion control. I will continue to drink my Spark because, well, I am addicted to the stuff! Mango Strawberry, Green Apple, and Fruit Punch are great! I want to try the Limeade! I may switch up my MNS from 3 to C. We shall see.
What I have learned about myself is this...
Unhealthy food is an addiction. If I can quit smoking, I can quit feeding my body crap. Will I still indulge on occasion? Well sure! It will simply be on occasion though and not what my diet consists of. I have learned that while I can set my mind to something, my mind is still full of doubt and question and I have to be strong enough to do better. It is not always easy.
I don't know what I will look like when I lose significant amount of weight and that is a bit scary. I can't remember the time when I was thin. It was in my childhood. So, my journey is full of promise and new experiences. I know there will also be struggles. I have had some already.
Finally! I DO NOT want my life to be about making frustrating choices about diet. I think it may be a mind thing. But I also don't want to spend excessive amounts of time in the drive thru. That crap has been killing me and it really DOESN'T taste good. So, I will continue to work on my mind set and look at the benefits I get to experience from being healthy!
Yoga still sucks!!! Working out is cathartic!!! And hummus is so very yummy!!
I have to go pee now. I think that is a new way of life too!
No comments:
Post a Comment