Thursday, March 3, 2016

Day 4

Today was tough! Work was pretty busy so I wasn't able to eat like I should have or drink enough water. It's frustrating but I didn't go buy a Fat Guys Burger, which recently open not too far from me. I've only eaten there once and it was over a year ago. But it was OH SO GOOD and memorable!  Not good enough for me to stray tho.

I went to my 1st Advocare meeting tonight. I heard great testimonies of other people starting their journey just as I have started mine. One lady I met has lost 65lbs since she started "putting products into her body." That is motivating! But not as motivating as the guy I met that has lost 120lbs! It gives me hope. It gives me drive.

On another note...
Self assurance, self confidence and positive self talk are critical for me right now. I internalize a lot of what I am feeling. I don't stand up for myself in my personal life most of the time. I am opinionated. I am stubborn. But internally, the smallest negative comment from someone gets analyzed a hundred times over. And disappointment is fixated upon while I try to figure out why things happened the way they did. I am self critical...which is kind of backwards because if that is the case, why haven't I been critical about my weight? How is it that my weight can be compartmentalized and other things can't? It's a strange thing. 

I don't intend to allow myself to become more critical about my weight, but I am more aware of the big picture. I don't intend to compartmentalize anything any differently but I will start to verbalize what I need. I will stop trying so hard to meet everyone else's needs before my own. AND I will demand that I be accepted for who I am and not for what someone else wants me to become. I'm a pretty A-OK kid as I am I think!

I just need to pee!

No comments:

Post a Comment