Monday, March 14, 2016

Day 14

It is so hard to find the time to be introspective and write it at the same time.  I am pretty good at introspection while driving.  But writing while doing so is obviously not a safe option and I have already been told that my driving is questionable at best...even if I disagree!  LOL!!

I had a VERY busy week last week!  Which presented a number of challenges in the way of fluid consumption and proper diet!  I have yet to just dive into a juicy burger and I have not eaten a sandwich, even though I really wish that I could.  I have done a fairly decent job at avoiding bread, and pasta.  Sandwiches and pasta are 2 of my favorite foods.  I have committed to avoid processed foods though and I have mostly stuck to that.  I have eaten gluten free wheat tortillas.  Maybe that is cheating.

All in all, I am surprised by the fact that I don't crave the crap I have eaten in the past.  And it has only been a short time without it.  I feel good when I am not eating burgers, fries, chips, dip, pizza and excessive amounts of ice cream!  I feel like I get full faster than I did before, which is probably because of all of the water I drink...or maybe because the better food is more filling...or maybe both. I eat more often, but it consists of vegetables and nuts and healthy proteins like nuts and fish and turkey. I have also started the next phase of the 24DC.  I am on my Multi-nutrient Dietary Supplements...which means I am taking vitamins...for perhaps the first time in my life since I put the Flintstones down.  HOLY ENERGY BATMAN!!!!  This may be why I have been so busy!  I feel like I need to keep moving!  Is this stuff speed?  Perhaps it is!  It makes having energy to do things after work so much easier!

I would be remiss if I failed to work on my inner self as well as my outer self.  This is perhaps the most difficult part of this process.  I don't share the inner Shandog very often!  If I only focus on diet and exercise...Yoga still sucks!...I would be just fine.  It allows me to have a focus. But I want more than that. 

Here's the thing...I have walked life's journey mostly on my own. And it has taken a while to be okay with that.  That is not to say that I haven't had GREAT friendships along the way...I have had THE BEST ONES!  That is not to say that I have not had family in my corner.  I have not had a significant other though...not a supportive partner in this life for the day to day complexities of my journey.  I have had selfish ones...that are all about themselves and their own motives. And those relationships were short lived....with reason I think. Through it all, I have relied on me!  And I continue to do so.  There is no mystery here.  I don't need to "find myself" or figure out what I want in life.  I already know.  I have been working on the answers to those issues for 43 years.  I don't have "wild oats" to sow.  They have been sown over time.  I am content with my inner ME.  I am a sexy beast!!  On the inside!  Now...I need the outside to match! 

Today I have had 2 Sparks, 54 ounces of water and a chocolate & peanut butter meal replacement shake....so....as usual...

I have to pee!!!!

By the way....I lost 7 pounds last week!!!  For a grand total of 13lbs in 2 weeks. YAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! Thank you for sharing your journey. I love you.
    Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete