Monday, March 7, 2016

Day.....I'm not sure!

I know today is day 8!  And I am here to tell you that the weekend is HARD!!!  My schedule is all screwed up on the weekends.  I get up later, so I start later, so everything is pushed back and it was just uncomfortable.  I try to follow a schedule during the week, although not always successfully.  So a weekend schedule may be necessary....

I went to my first Zumbathon on Saturday. 2 hours of dancing in black light for a Special Olympics team!!  I was not supposed to participate because the doctor said not to until today (Monday).  I was going to jump start that time line a bit but the ole body said no!  I was in a bit of pain. So I took pictures and drank Rehydrate and enjoyed the music.  After the event, I went to a Mexican restaurant with all of those who chose to go...and there were a lot!  I am proud to say that I ate an appropriate meal of steamed veggies and grilled shrimp!  That's right! No cheese!  No tacos!  HEALTHY!!!  and I took enough home to make 2 more meals because while I am pretty sure my bladder has increased in size, my stomach has shrunk.  I felt pretty good about myself when one of my sister's friends (a Rock Star I might add) praised me for ordering appropriately!

On Sunday I went to visit a friend.  She was so supportive!!!  She asked me what I wanted for dinner and we actually cooked it together.  Baked chicken and veggies.  It was tasty!  Again....I couldn't eat much!  I tried to drink as much water as I could but I didn't drink as much as I should.  Social situations in the past have involved consuming beverages...I just need to adjust and consume water!

So here is what I know to be true.  I have a difficult time balancing work and diet.  I get busy doing and forget to drink my liquids.  I know that I am flushing toxins and whatnot so the water is crucial.  I know that!  I get caught up with concentrating on what I am doing and nothing else enters my mind...and thus...no water enters my mouth.  So I either need to do a better job training myself or I need an IV!  The longer I journey down this road, the more I think I am teetering on falling back into old habits.  It takes conscious effort to maintain balance and THAT IS HARD!  The mental effort is what I am referring to. I get busy and don't snack like I should, so by the time I get back to the task at hand...the healthy changes I am trying to make...I am starving and have more difficulty in making good choices.  Still work to be done!

I have made it a point to drink my liquids this afternoon so...you guessed it...I have to pee...

BUT!!!.....before I do....I LOST 6 POUNDS LAST WEEK!!!!



4 comments:

  1. Congrats Shandog, you are doing awesome! You are such an inspiration, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you babe, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete